Wednesday, October 10, 2012

How To Make Beef Jerky


I'm still here, oh ye of little faith.

And today I shall show you how to make beef jerky! As this is my first time doing so, you'll have to not    expect a great level of perfection.

 Here's my meat.

I trimmed off the excess fat.

Cut the meat into little jerky size strips.

Put the strips in a pan in the freezer for about an hour and a half or until they are stiff enough to easily slice to about 1/8 of an inch thickness.

Slice the meat into thin strips. To slice it I used a mandolin slicer. But, I forgot to take pictures of it, so here's what a mandolin slicer looks like.


Make your marinade.

Then you take your meat slices and place them in the marinade to soak 11-24 hrs. Make sure the meat is well covered in the marinade. 

This is how it looked after soaking overnight.

 Place the meat strips in the dehydrator or oven.

Set your dehydrator or oven on 155

Set your timer for approximately 7 hrs.

 And seven hours later....... you have jerky!
Yum! :)


*Edit*

Whoops, I forgot to post a link to the actual recipe! The recipe says to use olive oil, but I think it's MUCH better without. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're still here, I was beginning to worry that you'd disappeared!! yay, jerky!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A much healthy version
    Angela approved!
    ~Angela

    ReplyDelete